Teaching children the difference between left and right can be difficult. However, with a little help and some daily routines, children will be able to distinguish right from left without any trouble. Everyday in the classroom we line up for lunch and I pass out the lunch sticks. I always hand them to the children on their left side. Then I say, "With our sticks in our left hands, we raise our right hands to make the sign of the cross and say, 'In the name of the Father, and of the ...' " Simple things that you can do with your child:
-While driving in the car, tell or ask your child which direction you are turning.
-While at the dinner table, ask your child who is sitting on their right/left side.
-When getting out of bed, ask your child what side of the bed they got out of.
*This concept was a hard one for my son to learn.
If you have any tips to help others, please leave a comment on this post with your tip.
No comments:
Post a Comment